Services: The Design Phase
The greatest impact to the overall sustainability of the project is typically developed in the Design Phase, where we work closely with the investor and design team specialists to develop the 'green goals' into a detailed, integrated, and refined design solution. It is here that we are able to help the design team turn the project sustainability goals, into a building that responds to its site and can be commercially realized.
Our services here are focused of refining the project, maximizing efficiency and quality, while managing anticipated cost impacts:
- We consult with our client to provide advisory and oversight services to meet their project sustainability goals.
- We coordinate closely with each of the individual design and engineering specialists to advise them on how best to develop and refine their design solutions to maximize quality, value, lifespan, interoperability, and efficiency.
- We iteratively review the design solution periodically throughout the project to ensure its development according to the project sustainability goals.
- We conduct energy simulation to evaluate the project's performance and to satisfy LEED credit requirements.
- We provide independent integrated design level commissioning of the project's MEP systems to ensure that their design and cross-system integrations are optimized.
- We manage the complete green building certification (LEED, BREEAM, and SBToolCZ) procedure relative to the Design Stage, including collecting and preparing documentation for review.
- We assist the design team in preparing bidding requirements and oversee the tender process to ensure that the sustainable responsibilities of the contractors are clear.
Steps to Other Phases
Our distinction of this phase of service generally coincides with the typical project development timeline as used within the a) Czech norm, b) RIBA Plan of Work, or c) AIA Best Practices, including as follows: a) Concept Design, Planning (Urban Land) Permit, Building Permit Design, Tender, and Construction Design; b) Stage C, D, E, F, G & H / 2, 3 & 4 – Concept, Design Development, Technical Design, Production Information, and Tender Documentation and Action; c) Concept and Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documentation, and Bidding and Negotiation